The Academy is now closed for applications
Want to be a part of an award winning Social Enterprise Supplier Development Academy?
Are you a Social Enterprise based in Scotland with products that could be sold in an Asda supermarket?
The pioneering Social Enterprise Supplier Development Academy will provide a comprehensive package of support and funding that could help your social enterprise scale-up and access new retail markets.
What is the Academy?
Funded through the proceeds of Asda’s carrier bag charge, the Academy will support up to eight Scottish social enterprises to strengthen their understanding of supermarket retail and refine their commercial and marketing skills, with the potential to get their products on supermarket shelves in Scotland and beyond.
This is a unique opportunity to access a new route to market, scale up and build the sustainability of your social enterprise. The Academy will also help raise awareness of social enterprises amongst Asda shoppers.
If you're not quite ready to scale up, check out our Buy Social Workshops, we'll be delivering 4 events in 2017.
Successful Social Enterprises will receive:
- Up to 2 fully funded places on the Academy -
- Access to a range of specially developed retail modules delivered over a four day residential Academy (6-9th June 2017) at Asda House in Leeds to include everything from understanding consumer purchasing behaviour, product trends, supermarket logistics to branding and packaging design -
- An opportunity to pitch your product to Asda buyers -
- Pitching Support -
- Specialist business and investment readiness support from SIS -
- A grant to cover participation in the Academy, tailored to your needs -
- Access to bespoke investment to help scale your operations
should Asda select your product -
Last year's Academy
A great snapshot of what to look forward to this year!
'Buy Social' Workshops
A brand new programme of funding and support to run alongside the Academy
Too early to start supplying Asda? Interested in retailing your product to a different market? Have a consumer-facing enterprise e.g. a restaurant?
Then sign up for our 'Buy Social' Workshops where you can develop your skills around marketing, pitching and product development.
To express an interest in one of these 4 workshops, please fill in an EOI and select the 'Buy Social Workshop' option.
We'll get back to you with more information in due course.
Copyright Social Investment Scotland 2017